2017 - 2018 Administrative Policy Manual Published August 14, 2017 [ARCHIVED COPY]
2017 - 2018 Administrative Policy Manual Published August 14, 2017
Georgia Gwinnett College will be a premier 21st Century Liberal Arts college where learning will take place continuously in and beyond the confines of the traditional classroom. Its cornerstones will be innovative use of educational technology and a commitment to an integrated educational experience that develops the whole person. GGC will be a wellspring of educational innovation. It will be a dynamic learning community where faculty engagement in teaching and mentoring students will be the hallmark. It will be a driving force for change in student success. As such, it will be a model for innovative approaches to education, faculty engagement with students, and highly efficient student, facility, and administrative services.
Georgia Gwinnett College provides access to targeted baccalaureate and associate level degrees that meet the economic development needs of the growing and diverse population of the northeast Atlanta metropolitan region. It emphasizes the innovative use of technology and active-learning environments to provide students enhanced learning experiences, practical opportunities to apply knowledge, increased scheduling flexibility, and a variety of course delivery options. Georgia Gwinnett’s outstanding faculty and staff actively engage students in various learning environments, serve as mentors and advisors, and assist students through programs designed to enhance their academic, social, and personal development. GGC produces contributing citizens and future leaders for Georgia and the nation. Its graduates are inspired to contribute to the local, state, national, and international communities and are prepared to anticipate and respond effectively to an uncertain and changing world.
Georgia Gwinnett College is committed to:
- Continuous review, assessment, change, and experimentation
- Holistic development of students
- Building partnerships with its business and community constituents
- Developing a workforce of highly competent teachers and staff who are also action oriented and innovative
- Innovatively integrating technology into educational experiences
- Diversity and building a multicultural environment to prepare students to succeed in a global society
- Being the community of choice to work for faculty, administrators, and staff
- Providing a supportive work environment that encompasses involvement, open communications, a spirit of collegiality and an appropriate reward system