Bachelor of Business Administration
The School of Business offers the Bachelor of Business Administration, B.B.A., degree with concentrations in Accounting, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
Students in the School of Business must meet all University admission, academic progression and graduation requirements. In addition, the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree has the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25 in the concentration courses.
- A minimum grade of C is required for all courses in the 60 hour programs of study (i.e, Required Business Courses, Concentration Required and Elective Courses).
- A minimum of 12 semester hours completed in residence for the concentration.
- MGMT 4700 , Strategic Management, taken in residence.
- The recommendation of the faculty.
General Education Requirements (60 hours)
The primary objective of the general education requirements is to guarantee that all students seeking a Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) degree will share a common body of knowledge drawn from a broad spectrum of subject areas.
Additional Requirements (3 hours)
The physical education requirement is comprised of one credit hour of Wellness and two credit hours of additional Physical Education courses.
Georgia law requires that each candidate for a degree demonstrate knowledge of the history and constitution on the United States and Georgia. These requirements may be met by receiving a passing grade in certain courses, or by passing the appropriate examination. The courses and the requirement(s) each course satisfies are as follows:
- HIST 2111 or HIST 2112 satisfies the Georgia and U.S. history requirement (if taken at a University System of Georgia institution).
- POLS 1101 satisfies the Georgia and US Constitution requirement (if taken at a University System of Georgia institution).
- Students with transfer credit (HIST 2111 , HIST 2112 or POLS 1101 ) from outside the University System of Georgia will need to contact the Testing Center regarding the legislative exams requirement.
Major Requirements (60 hours)
The major requirements consist of three areas of study: Required Business Courses, Concentration, and General Electives. The Required Business Courses are designed to ensure that students receiving the BBA degree will share a common body of knowledge needed for a wide range of private and public sector organizations. Concentration courses allow students to delve further into areas of specialization. General Electives give students an opportunity to explore topics of interest.
A graduate with a BBA degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing or Supply Chain Management will:
- Think critically using theoretical and applied business knowledge.
1.1 Students will identify and evaluate relevant information in business decision-making processes.
1.2 Students will analyze and use appropriate analytical techniques to make a decision
2. Respond appropriately to ethical business issues.
2.1 Students will address ethical concerns with ethical, stakeholder-informed courses of action.
3. Understand global business issues.
3.1 Students will examine the effects of political, legal, economic, and socio-cultural environments on global operations.
4. Demonstrate professional communication.
4.1 Students will create professional, written documents.
4.2 Students will deliver professional, oral presentations.
5. Acquire general business knowledge.
5.1 Students will exhibit general business knowledge consistent with the BBA degree.